Bulk generating discount codes allows you to create multiple discount codes at once instead of creating them individually.
In order to create them, you will need to go to the ‘Discounts’ tab in your dashboard pop-out menu.
In the top right hand corner, you will need to select ‘Bulk Generate Discounts.’
You will be re-directed to a new screen where you will have the option to fill out the following:
- Description: This is the description that will be shown when the discount is applied at checkout
- Discount Prefix: Adds a specific prefix to each code
- Discount Permissions
- Apply to all ticket types: Applies the discount to all ticket types
- Apply to certain ticket types: Allows you to select which ticket types to apply the discount to
- Exclude certain ticket types: Allows you to select which ticket types to exclude from the discount
- Discount Application
- Apply to each item individually: Will apply the discount to each eligible ticket in a basket
- Single application to entire basket: Will apply the discount to the total amount of the basket
- Events: Search for the events that the discount will apply to
- Ticket types to include in discounts: Search and select the ticket types that the discount will apply to
- Discount Unit: Choose either percent or dollar amount
- Discount Percent/Amount: The actual percent or dollar amount the discount will be for
- Discount Availability: You can choose if it can be used in the box office, the public checkout, or both
- Total Amount of Codes: The number of codes you would like to generate
- Per customer limit (optional): Total times the discount can be used per user
- Total limit (optional): Total times the discount can be used
Once the above has been filled in, select ‘Generate Discount Codes.’
A CSV will generate that you will be able to download in order to disperse the discount codes.
If you'd like to create discount codes one at a time, check out this article.