To cater to various promotional strategies, Showpass provides its clients with the ability to offer different types of discounts. Clients can apply discounts to tickets, memberships, or products, using either a percentage (%) off or a fixed dollar ($) value reduction. In this section, we will guide you on creating a discount code and configuring its permissions.
In order to create a discount code, you will need to navigate to the ‘Discounts’ section on your dashboard pop-out menu.
This is the main dashboard page for the Discount page. You can search for code/ event and create new discount codes from this page.
In the top right hand corner, you will want to select ‘Create Discount.’
Once selected, new page will open where you will need to fill in the following information. You must first select the type of discount you would like to set up. This document will go over setting up a (regular or single) discount code. Here is further instruction on how to create Bulk Discounts or Auto Discounts.
- Discount Type: For creating a single code, select "Discount Code"
- Discount Code: Enter the numbers and/ characters the customer will enter at checkout to receive the discount
- Discount Description: This is the description that will be shown to the customer when the discount is applied at checkout
- Discount Amount: Enter the percent or fixed dollar amount the discount will be for. Note that amount off individual items is only available for a fixed dollar amount. Discounts can also be used with multi-day, time-slotted and template events by selecting either the 'Parent' event or 'Template" option in the the following steps.
- Amount Off: Select either "Entire order" or "Individual item."
- Amount Off Entire Order: This means that the discount will apply to all the items in the basket. Select an option (All items, Certain Items of this type, Everything except certain items of this type) and an item type (Events, Memberships, Products). You may also switch item types on and off when necessary.
- Amount Off Individual Items: This means that the discount will apply individually to each item in the basket. Select an option (All items, Certain Items of this type, Everything except certain items of this type) and an item type (Events, Memberships, Products). You may also switch item types on and off when necessary.
- Limits: Set optional limits (Usage limits per customer, item limit per customer, overall usage limits)
- Activation Dates: Set discount activation start and end, date and time. If no dates and times are set, the default is an immediate start date, with no end date
- Acceptable Locations: Choose where the discount code can be used, (box office and/or online)
Back at the top of the page, you can also control whether or not your discount is active or paused upon creation. (This can also be controlled in the main menu).
Once the information has been added in, select ‘Save’ to enable the code.
The discount will now show on the main discounts page
You will also be able to search this page by discount code or description, events, etc.
You can also edit, deactivate or duplicate the discount by hovering over the discount code and clicking the three dots. If you are duplicating the discount, you must create a new code.
Please note: If you are looking to create discount codes for early release tickets that are not visible to the general public yet, create password protected ticket types or revealing hidden ticket types via a tracking link.
Compounding Discounts (Multi Discounts)
Should you wish for your customers to be able to use multiple discounts at checkout, you can contact a member of our support team to enable "Multi Discounts" for your organization. This will allow for multiple discounts to work simultaneously.
For example, if there are (2) 50% discount being applied, it does not take 50% first, and then 50% off the already discount price. Instead they will add together: 50% discount + 50% discount, creating a free event (100% discount).