You can now add in custom fees to your organization! You can set these fees at an organization level, an event level, or even the ticket type level.
If you'd like to add in custom organizer fees, you will need to open your dashboard pop-out menu and select 'Organization Info.'
Go to 'Financial Settings' on the left hand side menu.
Select 'Add new custom fee or tax.'
Ensure that 'Fee' is selected from the 'Type' dropdown, and select the 'Name' of the fee.
You will then be able to edit the following options:
- Enabled: Can toggle if this rate card is on or off
- Rate Card Name: Can edit the name of the rate card by clicking the edit box beside it
- Item Type: Choose if the rate card is applied to tickets, products, or both
- Purchase Platform: Choose if the rate card is applied to online purchases, in person purchases, or both
- Payment Type: Choose if the rate card is applied to card payments, cash payments, or both
- Fee: Choose the fee dollar amount or the fee percentage amount for the rate card
- Customer Pays: If this is on, the fee will show up on top of what the customer is paying
- Tax Percentage: This is just for internal tracking purposes for your organization and has no financial implications. If you'd like to set a custom tax rate, check out this article
Once you have filled in the rate card information, you can either delete the custom fee, cancel editing, add another rate card, or save.
If you are finished, make sure you hit 'Save' or your rate card will not be saved.
Please Note: Any fee changes added after sales have been made will only apply to any new sales and won't be retroactive.
You are able to add in custom organizer fees at the event level as well. These can either override ride the fees set at the organization level, or get charged on top of any fees already added.
Please note: These fees will need to be added before there are any sales on the event.
To add in event level custom organizer fees, you will need to open the 'Advanced Settings' on your event and go to 'Financial Settings.'
If you don't have custom fees set at the organization level, you will need to click on 'Add new custom fee or tax.'
However, if you have a fee set at the organization level and you'd like to override them, you will need to click on the edit box beside the fee.
You will then need to click on the 'Override' button.
You will then be prompted to fill out the rate card information like you were at the organization level.
Remember to select save once you're done or the rate card won't be overridden.
Please note: You must select override if you want this new fee to override the organization fee, otherwise it will add on as an extra fee for the event you have selected.
Ticket Type Level
You are also able to add in custom organizer fees at the ticket type level. These can either override the fees set at the organization level and/or event level, or be added on top.
Please note: These fees will need to be added before there are any sales on the ticket type.
To add in ticket type level custom organizer fees, you will need to open the 'Advanced Settings' on your event and go to 'Ticket Types.'
Select the gear beside the ticket type you are adding the fee to.
You will then want to select 'Finance' from the top menu bar.
After that you can override the fee the same way you would if it was at the event level.
Testing the Organizer Fee Calculation
Whichever method you choose to add your fee to, you are also able to test out how it will calculate.
Once your fee has been added, you will want to select 'Calculate Fees.'
You need to enter in a test value, choose the item type, choose the purchase platform, choose the payment type, and then select 'Calculate.'
You will then be shown a breakdown of the fee calculation.