Custom checkout questions allow you to easily collect information on ticket buyers during the checkout process. The answers to an events Custom Questions will be saved within its Will Call report.
Once your event has been created and saved, you will want to navigate back and edit it. You will then need to go to 'Order Form.'
You will have to fill in a message that ticket buyers will see after they successfully checkout, and will also be displayed on their confirmation email.
You will then need to choose between the 'Standard Info' collection method, or the 'Enhanced Info' collection method.
If you choose the Standard Info collection method, the page will stay the same and you have the option to adjust the following:
- Ticket Button Verbiage: This allows you to change the verbiage of the 'Buy Tickets' button to something that suits your event better
- Require guest information for each ticket: Check this off if you require the custom questions to be answered for each ticket purchased
- Require guest information for staff box office and POS sales: If this is checked off, the guest information will be required for staff box office and POS sales
To add a custom question, select 'Add Question.'
You will be given the option to change how the question is presented to the ticket buyer with the following formats:
- Text input: Allows ticket buyers to enter alpha numeric values
- Textarea input: Allows ticket buyers to enter a max of 500 characters
- Select box: Allows ticket buyers to choose from a dropdown list of custom options (only one selection can be made)
- After selecting this, an Options field will open. To add your list of choices, simply type your text and then press enter after each item
- Decimal input: Allows ticket buyers to enter in decimal values
- This input only allows 5 digits before and 5 digits after the decimal point
- Integer input: Allows ticket buyers to enter in a max 10 digit number
- Date picker: Will prompt ticket buyers with a calendar to choose a specific date
- Checkboxes: Allow ticket buyers to check off multiple custom options
- After selecting this, an 'Options' field will open. To add your list of choices, simply type your text and then press enter after each item
Once you have selected your answer input, you will need to fill in the main question, help text (to provide context of the question), and select which tickets the question(s) apply to, and if an answer is required.
If a question isn't needed, you can also delete it.
Once all of your custom questions are created, you will need to save the event, and then they will be asked during the checkout process.
If you choose the 'Enhanced Info' collection method, the first part of the page will stay the same as if you selected the 'Standard Info' collection method, but below that you will have the option to toggle 'ON' or 'OFF' for more information.
Once you have adjusted the toggles to your preference, you can then add in any custom questions that you would like to include.
You are able to see the answers to the custom questions by downloading the Will Call.