Turning Zebra Scanner On/Off and Restarting:
To Turn On: Press and hold the power button until the scanner's display or LED indicator lights up. Release the button when the device powers on.
To Turn Off: Press and hold the power button until you see a prompt to power off on the screen. Confirm the action by selecting 'Power Off' or similar option to shut down the scanner.
To Restart: Press and hold the power button until the device turns off completely. Then, press the power button again to turn it back on. Alternatively, you can use the built-in software option to restart the scanner. Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification panel, then tap on the 'Restart' or 'Reboot' option (the exact wording may vary depending on the model and software version). Confirm the restart, and the scanner will reboot.
Connecting to Wifi
- Access Wi-Fi settings from the main menu or settings button.
- Scan for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose your desired Wi-Fi network from the list
- Enter the Wi-Fi password (if applicable).
- Connect to the chosen network.
- Optionally, test the Wi-Fi connection by accessing the internet or network resources.
- Save the Wi-Fi settings if required.
Setting Up Time Zone
It's important the device is set at the correct timezone in order to ensure correct data collection,
- Access 'Settings,' then 'System,' and select 'Date and Time' to set your time zone.
- Troubleshooting timezone issues: If there are any problems, try clearing the cache to resolve the issue.
Clearing the Cache
- Access 'Settings' by swiping up from the bottom.
- Choose 'Apps and Notifications' to view all apps.\
- Select the specific app, like Showpass, causing issues.
- Click 'Storage and Cache.'
- Choose 'Clear Storage' to clear both storage and cache.
- This should resolve the problems you were experiencing.
Check Battery Level: Ensure the scanner has sufficient battery power to function correctly. Low battery levels may cause connectivity issues or other problems.
Restart the Scanner: A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches or software issues. Turn the scanner off and then back on to see if the problem persists.
Firmware and Software Updates: Check for firmware and software updates for your Zebra scanner. Keeping the device up to date can resolve known bugs and improve performance.
Barcode Quality: Ensure the barcodes you are scanning are of good quality, and the scanner's lens is clean. Damaged or poorly printed barcodes may lead to scanning errors.
Wi-Fi Signal Strength: Check the Wi-Fi signal strength if you're facing connectivity issues. Weak signals could cause intermittent disconnections.
To learn more about renting out Zebra scanners for your event(s), please contact email@example.com or speak directly with your Client Success Manager.