Showpass does not support or condone the reselling of tickets through either private sales or secondary markets, as this practice goes against Section 16 of our restrictions in our Terms of Service (see below for the full excerpt).
The ticket transfer function is in place to facilitate a safe hand off of tickets, in the case that one party can no longer make the event and they wish to send the ticket to someone else.
Unfortunately, if tickets are being bought and sold outside of our platform, Showpass cannot guarantee the validity of tickets, or that tickets are not duplicates being given to multiple buyers.
If you notice any suspicious activity, please report this to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service:
You understand that you are liable for all Content, in whatever form, that you provide or otherwise make available to or through the Services, including to other users of the Services. You agree not to use the Services to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- facilitate gambling, gaming, lotteries, raffles, contests, sweepstakes and/or any other activity featuring the award of a prize other than raffles, contests or sweepstakes conducted in a manner that complies in all respects.
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Showpass representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Services;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or personality, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content related to the sale or provision of goods and services other than the sale or provision of tickets and registrations to bona fide events listed on the Services and other goods and services being sold or provided in conjunction with such events;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Showpass server or network or breach any security or authentication measures, unless you are an authorized contractor of Showpass specifically engaged to provide such services;
- attempt to avoid or circumvent any technological measure implemented by Showpass to protect the Services or Content on the Services, including without limitation, encryption technology used to protect sensitive personal information;
- solicit any User to use a third party service that competes with Showpass;
- advertise your event but complete sales independent of the Services in order to circumvent the obligation to pay fees related to the Services;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national or other law, rule or regulation, including without limitation laws and regulations regarding the sale of tickets;
- resell tickets or registrations;
- collect credit card number, expiration date or CSC code or any other credit card information other than in the fields under “Payment” on the order payment page;
- collect social security or insurance number, financial account number, drivers’ licence number, health information or other sensitive information required to be secured under applicable local, state, provincial, national or other law, rule or regulation or for which disclosure is required in case of a data breach without first obtaining Showpass’s prior written consent; or
- stalk or otherwise harass any person or entity.