Once you have the Showpass Events API Plugin installed, you are ready to add various features to your site. All technical documentation of the features and other shortcodes to add can be found here or you may follow the simplified instructions below.
The Comprehensive Shortcode Bank can be found here
Adding a Shortcode
A widget is a clickable button, section or item that will display various Showpass functionalities on your Wordpress site. Widgets can be added by entering a shortcode or copying the code into a paragraph block. A perimeter is another section of code that can adjust how a widget displays, for example editing size, alignment and format.
Widget via Shortcode
- Navigate to the page you wish to add a widget on. You then can either type a backslash “/” in the text block or click the “+”
2. Select or search for “Shortcode” and click on the listing to add the block to your page.
3. Once the block has been entered, copy the shortcode from the Simplified Shortcode Bank found below, along with any associated parameters if desired.
4. Click ‘Update’ in the upper right hand corner, then the laptop screen to preview how the widget will appear on your site. For the purposes of this demo, we will be using the “Event List Shortcode.”
5. Once your page is being viewed, you will see the widget displayed as such.
Adding a Widget via Text Block
- Navigate to the page you wish to add a widget on.
2. Copy and paste your desired shortcode and parameters if necessary, into the text block. For the purposes of this demo we will be using the “Event List Shortcode”, [showpass_events type="list"] as seen in the Simplified Shortcode Bank below. Format it as desired (e.g. centre aligned)
3. Click ‘Update’ in the upper right hand corner, then the laptop screen to preview how the widget will appear on your site.
4. The Widget will display as it will be seen by the user, like as seen below.