Endpoints: A URL to which we will send event (see below) data according to a specific configuration.
Events: The events that take place within the Showpass application such as a user making a purchase, transferring a ticket, or a transaction being refunded or voided.
Logs: Logs are the actual requests containing event information (as defined above) that are sent from Showpass to a venues endpoints.
Setting Up Webhooks
Step 1: Go to the Webhook Endpoints list page at https://www.showpass.com/dashboard/webhooks/
Step 2: Press Add Endpoint
Endpoint Name: The name of the endpoint
- Purchase: Triggered when a new order is created
- Refund: Triggered when a transaction is refunded
- Void: Triggered when a transaction is voided
- Transfer: Triggered when a order transfer is initiated to another customer
- Transferred: Triggered when a transfer has been completed
- Test: Triggered when a test has been enacted
Navigate to the Webhook Endpoints List page and you'll see all the endpoints you've added.
Edit the endpoint by clicking the Edit button on the right
You are able to change any of the endpoint details as well as perform the following:
- Use the ‘Send Test’ button on the top right to send a test request to the endpoint
- Update the status of the endpoint from Active to Paused, or vice versa
- Regenerate the Secret Key for your endpoint
Webhook Events: The Webhook Events page will log a list of events that have been sent to your endpoints
- You can use filter events by date, or event type
- Clicking on an event takes you to its detail page where you can view event details and send attempts from the past 15 days:
- Resend the event to the endpoint by clicking the three dots on the right side and confirming your password:
The Webhook Logs page displays logs for all Endpoints and their success status. You can filter the logs based on whether they "Succeeded" or "Failed". Each log on the right side provides some additional detail.